Compensation by your gemeente

Wether you qualify for compensation of the cost of the family therapy depends on if the gemeente where you live has a contract with The Family Coach (in Dutch De Coach In Huis).

Check if the answer of this is yes or no.
Do you live in one of the following gemeentes then the coaching is financed by your gemeente:

Aalsmeer, Amstelveen, Diemen, Ouder-Amstel, Uithoorn, Beemster, Edam – Volendam, Landsmeer, Oostzaan, Purmerend, Waterland, Wormerland, Zaanstad, Haarlemmermeer (Hoofddorp, Abbenes, Badhoevedorp, Beinsdorp, Buitenkaag, Burgerveen, Cruquius, Lijnden, Lisserbroek, Nieuw-Vennep, Rijsenhout, Vijfhuizen, Weteringbrug, Zwaanshoek en Zwanenburg, de buurtschappen Aalsmeerderbrug, Boesingheliede, Cruquius-Oost, Huigsloot, ’t Kabel, Leimuiderbrug, Nieuwe Meer, Nieuwebrug, Oude Meer, Rozenburg, Vredeburg and Weberbuurt), Blaricum, Bussum, Hilversum, Huizen, Laren, Muiden, Naarden, Weesp, Wijdemeren, De Ronde Venen, Montfoort, Oude Water, Stichtse Vecht, Woerden.

In case of yes: Take care of a referral to jeugdhulp. A few organisations are allowed to refer you to this financed jeugdhulp: your housedoctor, a youth consultant of your gemeente, the schooldoctor or the doctor of your child health care centre, Bureau Jeugdzorg, and the juvenile court.

Route via your housedoctor: Explain why you need coaching, and that you need a referral to ambulante jeugdhulp. This referral is what I need to register your child at the gemeente as a client for ambulante jeugdhulp. On registration the gemeente sends an assignment (in Dutch a toewijzing) to The Family Coach. Hereby the finances are taken care of, and we can start.

Route via a youthconsultant of your gemeente: You pay a visit to the youthconsultant of your gemeente. It depends on the gemeente where you can find this youthconsultant. At some gemeentes you find them at the Centrum voor Jeugd en Gezin (CJG). Other gemeentes have a (sociaal) wijkteam, or a jeugdteam. At others you go to a service point of your townhall. In Amsterdam they have a Ouder en Kind Team (OKT) or Samen Doen team.
Google on op jeugdhulp + jouw gemeente and you’ll probably find your way.
Have you found the youthconsultant? Explain why you need coaching, and that you need a referral to ambulante jeugdhulp, and that you’d like to start with De Coach In Huis. The youthconsultant will provide you with a so called beschikking jeugdhulp, and sends De Coach In Huis a toewijzing jeugdhulp. With this the the coaching is financed.
Meanwile you can already give me a call or send me an e-mail, to point out that you’d like to start with coaching with the Family Coach. Are you in doubts what you need to arrange for the finance? Don’t hesitate to call me so I can advise you.

In case of no:
It still pays off to visit the youthconsultant of your gemeente. Sometimes the organisations which have a contract with the gemeente don’t offer what your family needs, or they have a long waitinglist. Are you able to convince your youthconsultant that you really need to start quickly with De Coach In Huis and you need the funding for it? Your gemeente is free to issue a ‘mini beschikking’.

In other situations you pay the coaching yourself.

Want to know more about what the Famliy Coach can do for your family? contact